The Trick or Treat Trail map will be available soon!
The Petaluma Downtown Association presents its 2019
Halloween Trick or Treat Trail
through Downtown Petaluma
Thursday, October 31st, 3:00pm - 5:30pm
Join over 80 participating Downtown merchants for a fun and safe community Halloween for the entire family and goodies for costumed kids under 12. Prepare for a hauntingly "ghould" time from 3 - 5:30pm on Thursday, October 31st as the scary, the cute, the ugly and the creepy descend on Downtown Petaluma.
Merchants who participated in 2018
(new list of participating merchants for 2019 are coming soon)
|Acorn Chiropractic Club ||Acre Coffee |
|Alphabet Soup||Athletic Soles|
|Barber Cellars||Bici Sport|
|Bleacher Critic||Boulevard Cinemas|
|Brewster's Beer Garden ||Brian's Comics|
|Cafe Zazzle||CBC Bakery|
|Coldwell Banker||Copperfields Books Inc.|
|Crocodile French Cuisine||Dempsey's Restaurant|
|Dollar Tree||Dukes & Dolls|
|Ethical Clothing||Field Works|
|First American Title Co. ||Flourish|
|Flower Child Consignment||Fourth & Sea|
|Fruit in Motion||Gallery One|
|Heebe Jeebe||Hollingsworth Jewelers|
|Hot Polka Dot||Hotel Petaluma|
|Kabuki Japanese Restaurant||Keller Street CoWork|
|Lauthr Salon||Law Offices of Elizabaeth A. Strasen|
|Lions & Tigers & Hair ||Louis Thomas|
|Marisa's Fantasia||McNear's Dining House & Saloon|
|MVSC||Nicole's Fashion Boutique|
|North Bay Smiles||Nostalgia Alley|
|Old Chicago Pizza||Old Republic Title|
|Passeggiata Shoes||Petaluma Historical Library & Museum|
|P-Town Pastry||Petaluma Dental Group|
|Petaluma Pet Company||Petaluma Pie Company|
|Petaluma Wildlife Museum||Petaluma Wireless|
|Pho Sonoma, Vietnamese Cuisine||Poppy Bank|
|Prodigy Hairdressing||Red Umbrella Consignment|
|Rex Hardware||Rivertown Feed & Pet Country Store|
|Robindira Unsworth||Rosen's 256 North|
|Shunzi||Soft Shell |
|Sole Desire||Sonoma Coast Surf Shop|
|Sonoma Spice Queen||Stink|
|Summer Cottage Antiques||Taps|
|The New Yorker||The Seed Bank|
|The Shop||The Strike Zone|
|The Sweet Zone||Thrifty Hippy|
|Toy B. Ville||Truck & Barter Co.|
|Uber Optics||Umpqua Bank|
|Urban Elements||Vanguard Properties|
|Vintage Bank Antiques||WORK Petaluma|
Enjoy these fun Halloween tidbits:
- Orange and black are Halloween colors because orange is associated with the Fall harvest and black is associated with darkness and death.
- Jack o’ Lanterns originated in Ireland where people placed candles in hollowed-out turnips to keep away spirits and ghosts on the Samhain holiday.
- Pumpkins also come in white, blue and green. Great for unique monster carvings!
- Halloween was brought to North America by immigrants from Europe who would celebrate the harvest around a bonfire, share ghost stories, sing, dance and tell fortunes.
- Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in America.
- The ancient Celts thought that spirits and ghosts roamed the countryside on Halloween night. They began wearing masks and costumes to avoid being recognized as human.
- Halloween candy sales average about 2 billion dollars annually in the United States.
- Chocolate candy bars top the list as the most popular candy for trick-or-treaters with Snickers #1.
- Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with Christmas being the first.
- Bobbing for apples is thought to have originated from the roman harvest festival that honors Pamona, the goddess of fruit trees.
- Black cats were once believed to be witch's familiars who protected their powers.