The Petaluma Spring Antique Faire
Sunday, April 30, 2023
8 am - 4 pm
*New this year: The Butter & Egg Days Parade and Festival will be held the weekend before ~ Saturday, April 22
Antique and collectible lovers throughout the Bay Area are welcome to come, browse and shop the 38th Annual Petaluma Antique Faire this Spring on Sunday, April 30, 8 am to 4 pm set in one delightful and relaxing setting of Downtown Petaluma. Admission is free.
"The Bay Area's Premier Antique Center," Historic Downtown Petaluma, will transform into an antique marketplace. Amid the beautiful historic buildings, one-of-a-kind stores, and an incredible array of restaurants and cafes, guests can find an incomparable selection of affordable antiques from over 200 dealers. The show has a nice variety of estate jewelry, linens, furniture, art, kitchenware, vintage décor, books, and all kinds of unusual collectibles to suit everyone's budget.
When: April 30, 2023 ~ 8 am - 4 pm
Where: Historic Downtown Petaluma
Submission Deadline: March 27, 2023
The Petaluma Downtown Association is pleased to sponsor the Petaluma Spring Antique Faire.
The rich history of our downtown, which boasts recognition form the National Registry of Historic Downtowns, is the ideal setting for an event such as this. Antiques and history together create this uniquely Petaluma experience.
The Spring Faire will be held Sunday, April 30, 2023 from 8 am - 4 pm.
The Petaluma Antique Faire will be set up on Kentucky and Fourth Streets, in the A Street Parking Lot, and on Western Avenue.
All proceeds go to benefit the Petaluma Downtown Association.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Entry Fees —
- Antique Vendors - $185 per booth. There is a maximum of two booths per vendor unless approved and event is not sold out. Please write space preferences on the application.
- Food Vendors - $250 per booth. To accommodate our downtown restaurants, food vendor booth spaces are very limited. Food vendor booths will be selected only if there is no conflict with downtown merchants. If not accepted, booth fees will be returned in full.
- Reservation deadline is March 27. Any new bookings made after this date will be non-refundable. Booth spaces are sold on a "first-come first-served” basis. We try to accommodate everyone’s preference. Returning vendors who apply before deadline will receive space preference priority. After the deadline all vendors will be allocated as space allows. Unclaimed booths, if any, will be resold at 7am on event day. Subleasing is not permitted.
- Cancellations must be received by April 3 or all monies deposited will be forfeited. The faire will be held rain or shine. No refunds will be given.
- Confirmation / space number notifications will be sent out early April, 2023. Included will be set-up instructions, a detailed map, and further information.
Booth Sizes (approx) —
· Western Ave, Kentucky Street, Fourth Street - 10’D by 18’W · A Street Parking Lot - 20’D by 10’W
Setup — 5am to 7:30am. Entrance to the vendor's area prior to 5am will be dependent on clearance from the Petaluma Police. All vehicles must be cleared from the event area by 7am. Vendors must remain within the boundaries of their booths - no merchandise or boxes may be placed on sidewalks or against buildings.
Breakdown — Vendor booth spaces may not be broken down until 4pm. Vehicles may not enter the sales area without a “loading pass” [provided by event staff once booth space is packed up]. No exceptions. Please do not drive the wrong way on the one-way streets. Vendors must clean up prior to leaving and place all trash in receptacles that are provided. No unwanted items may be left. Please cooperate with the event staff who are directing traffic.
Parking — Free parking is available on nearby streets and parking garages, except where explicitly noted. City parking spaces are free on this day. No vendor specific parking is available. No vehicles or trailers may remain within the event area during the event.
Electricity — Electricity is not available at the event. No generators are allowed.
Tables & Chairs — Spaces must be furnished by vendors. Placing merchandise on the ground in lieu of tables or display cabinets is unacceptable.
Merchandise — Event staff will check the show and any new items or inappropriate items must be removed. If a vendor is unable to comply, they will be asked to leave the event. Event staff reserve the right to ask any vendor to pack up and leave the event, or to exclude any vendor from exhibiting at future events if, in its opinion, that vendor’s display or merchandise does not meet the standards of the Petaluma Antique Faire. If this situation were to occur, the vendor would receive a full refund if compliant with vacating the event.
Accepted Items –
- All items sold at this event are restricted to quality antiques and collectibles.
- Reuse or repurposing of materials is acceptable only if the materials used are vintage and not new items made to look old.
- Only licensed, pre-approved food vendors are permitted to sell food and drinks.
Restricted Items –
- Crafts / new items are not permitted.
- No memorabilia, paraphernalia, or any such items may be present or sold at this show that represents or could be interpreted as racist, sexist, offensive, abusive, dehumanizing, or derogatory ideologies (ie: Jim Crow, Nazi, KKK, etc).
- Due to the family atmosphere of this event, the sale or display of adult (ie: X-Rated, pornographic, etc) items will not be accepted to maintain a proper moral and wholesome environment.
- The sale of firearms, ammunition, explosives, weapons, gas-filled balloons, fireworks, contraband, tobacco, and alcohol are absolutely forbidden.
- Vendors are not permitted to sell animals, animal parts, or items (including items made from ivory) that are prohibited by the Endangered Species Act. It is the responsibility of vendors to know the Law and pay any fines for violations.
Food Vendors — Food vendors must provide adequate surfaces on the floor of their booth space to protect the street / walkways. Food vendors are responsible for keeping their area clean during the event, thoroughly cleaning their area upon leaving, and properly disposing of all waste. Grease &/or any other cooking items must be disposed of off site - these items may not be placed in trash receptacles at event. The City of Petaluma Fire Department will check that each food vendor booth is in compliance on the morning of the event. All Food vendors are required to have a completed copy of the Cooking Booth Self Inspection Form in their booth (sent upon acceptance). Food Vendors must comply with the Petaluma Fire Department Regulations, or they will be removed from the event without refund. We are aiming to have a Green / Zero Waste event. Please utilize reusable, recyclable, and/or compostable materials in order to minimize landfill-bound waste from the event. Download the list of approved Zero Waste items HERE.
Resale Permit — The California State Board of Equalization requires and enforces that all companies, organizations, and individuals making sales have a current and valid California resale permit. No one will be assigned a space at the event without providing a valid resale permit number. To obtain a seller’s permit, visit cdtfa.ca.gov/services/#Register-Renewals or call 800-735-2922. It is your responsibility to report and forward all sales tax collected to the State. Anyone with whom you share a booth must also provide this information.
License Fees — City, County, or State license fees are the responsibility of the vendor.
Insurance — No insurance of any kind is provided to event participants. All event participants are strongly encouraged to carry insurance. Antique Vendors are not required to carry insurance. Food Vendors must have $1,000,000 of liability insurance for the event with the following listed as additionally insured: The Petaluma Downtown Association, The City of Petaluma, and Sonoma County. (Detailed insurance requirements will be sent upon acceptance.)
Indemnification — The Petaluma Downtown Association, its directors, employees, volunteers, the Petaluma Downtown Antique Faire Committee and Promoter, the City of Petaluma, and the County of Sonoma assume no risk; and by the participation in this event and by signing this application, the participant expressly releases them from any and all liability for any theft, injury or damage to merchandise, or loss to any person or goods which may arise from the occupation of space by the participant.
All policies are subject to change at the discretion of the Petaluma Downtown Association / Petaluma Antique Faire.
Smoking prohibited in vendor booths, within the event, and within 20’ of any business entrance.
PETALUMA LODGING INFORMATION
Best Western Petaluma
200 S McDowell Blvd
Courtyard by Marriott Petaluma
700 Caulfield Ln
Hampton Inn Petaluma
450 Jefferson St
Home 2 Suites by Hilton
1205 Redwood Way
205 Kentucky St
20 Rainsville Rd
Metro Hotel & Café
508 Petaluma Blvd S
1368 N McDowell Blvd
5100 Montero Way
Sheraton Petaluma Hotel
745 Baywood Dr
Mark your Calendars for the The Petaluma Fall Antique Faire!
Sunday, September 24, 2023, 8 am- 4 pm
Details coming soon!